Sunday, February 20, 2011

What is the process of publishing a fiction book?



Your Ad Here





Question by Ms. Denton Lone Star â„¢: What is the process of publishing a fiction book?

Is it COMPULSORY that my work of art is edited? I have my New Orleans dialect in the writing, & I don't want that to be edited. I know it's kind of expensive. I'm worried that my work of art will not be good enough, but I really want to publish my fiction that I'm writing. Maybe I need someone to guide me to see if the events in my story makes sense, but I don't want the editor editing unwanted material.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by BlueOctagons
It's imperative that before you send a book out for possible publication that the copy be clean. That doesn't mean, of course, that your artistic vision need be altered. If there is a reason for dialectical speech in it, then any good editor is going to leave it in. Hiring an editor before submitting a piece for consideration really is necessary, though. A publishing house isn't even going to consider you for publication if it isn't a clean manuscript.

After it gets picked up, you need to be ready for the fact that there will be editorial changes made. You ultimately have final control, but if you don't make some of the changes they desire, it's possible that they won't publish your book.

It's tough, but keep trying. A lot of people are going to turn you down before you get published.





What do you think? Answer below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment